Our program is evidence informed and highly structured.
We measure student progress in multiple ways and the results are in: our third graders are working on their reading skills and improving!
Key highlights from our Spring 2018 impact evaluation:
- 1 in 3 3rd graders self-report that they now read at home and/or enjoy reading more since their participation in RBBB
- 82% of 3rd graders agree or strongly agree that reading is easier for them than it used to be before participating in RBBB
- 85% of 3rd graders agree or strongly agree that they understand what they read better than they could before participating in RBBB
- 1 in 10 6th-8th graders self-report that they now read at home with younger siblings since their participation as a Reading leader in RBBB
- 1 in 4 Reading Leaders said they had never volunteered for anything before and would volunteer again in the future